Thursday, March 27, 2014

Caturday!

Drat.

It's not Saturday anymore. And that kind of ruins my whole "Caturday" pun, but I was busy this weekend, so I've decided that it's pawsitively clawsible that today is purrrhaps the purrrrfect day for a cat-related blog. At least, I'm feline up to it.

*Giggles at self*

Okay. No more cat puns. Paw to God.*

Anyway, this post seemed like a no-brainer. Cats+theInternet=awesomesauce. Or at least, the news (mews) is telling me so.

No, really, the Internet cat craze has literally been officially reported as its own economy. Read more here: Because I'm Not Kidding. Like, for real, actual business people with actual business degrees recently hosted an actual business panel called "Cat Cash: The Economy of Internet Cat Videos."

Apparently famous Internet cats such as Maru and Grumpy Cat are sort of the cat's meow (sorry; that isn't even a pun as much as it is a bad cliche.) Maru has more than 175 MILLION MONETIZED VIEWS while Grumpy Cat is getting its OWN FEATURE FILM. What the hell? The Kardashians can't even get that done.





And, check this out, there are ENTIRE web sites dedicated to the cats news industry (I'm Not Making This Up).

What I want to know is how I, the most dedicated cat lover on the planet, didn't hop on this gravy train while the getting was good.

I mean, seriously, look at my cats!!! They are AH-DORABLE in their Easter bows....






They deserve 10 million bajillion likes on the Internet. They deserve to be cat stars. They deserve their day of glory.

But as I wait for that to happen, I guess I'll just be a consumer/contributor to the cat cash economy.

After all, these bows cost (completely reasonable amounts of) money, folks. And since I like to keep my cats stylin', I use my very own feline-dedicated tailor. No, really, I have a contact for whenever I want specialty-made kitty accouterments. Her name is Shelly, and she runs an absolutely fab-u-lous online shop, RockerchicBoutique, that provides me and my babies with all they need. Sometimes she throws in handmade catnip toys, too, which makes the kitties go bonkers!

Anyhoos... I think I covered it all: bad cat puns for my own amusement, cats are making more money than me, my cats aren't famous but should be, and I buy pretty cat things from nice people. Yup. Covered it all.

But that's not a real and proper ending to a blog post, so I give you... CAT MEMES ... as they play me off stage left...















And finally, my favorite, because it involves BOTH cats AND guilt trips...







*So, um, yeah. I lied. One last cat pun: I'm totally writing this post while wearing my pawjamas beclaws I have to get up meowy early tomorrow.

1 comment: