Saturday, March 29, 2014

Store's On Hold, Peeps

Got your hankies on hand?

Well, snuffle right on into them, folks. Big, gloppy, goo-filled blubbering is anticipated with my new announcement.

After much (re: 3 days) of deep (re: spur of the moment) thinking, I have come to the somewhat painful conclusion to put my vintage Etsy store, PickPosh, on a brief sabbatical.

Listen folks. It's not me. It's you. Well, ok. Not you in particular. But the you in the great wide world of the Internet.

The past two months have been a bit ... well, hatertots, to be precise. In a time when I'm focusing on academia and my health, I can't handle trying to simultaneously juggle requests from some ol' bat who wants me to give her a large discount on a designer vintage hat because the hat reminded of her long-deceased dog. I know, because I got to see pictures of the dead dog in question. MANY. PICTURES. OF. DEAD. DOGS. This is just one example of what I've dealt with in the last few weeks, and honestly, it's been pooping me out.

Now, I don't want to leave my lovely, loyal, and absolutely deeeeelightful PickPoshers in the lurch, because, for realz, there are WAY more of you SWELL folks then there are of the from HELL folks. So, I've come up with a step-by-step plan for the next two months:

1) Get more pedicures
2) Sleep in until my husband brings me the coffee needed to stir my senses
3) Take more pictures of my cats in their new made-to-order holiday bows
4) Write in my journal for a change instead of just finger mashing out whatever comes to mind and then pushing "send" to dispatch it to the world at large
5)  Tackle a new task of writing grants for my research lab
6) Tour the great metropolis that is my home, Atlanta
7) Keep writing my novel
8) Meditate and breathe
9) Continue to buy only the best for PickPosh's return
10) And, finally, stop, take another deep breath, determine if I am ready to give y'all my all again, and if I am, then hotdiggity, we'll be back in business.

And don't worry. I'm already thinking of my return. Just yesterday, I bought this:


As I see it, there's nothing better than never-been-worn, tags-still-on, still-in-the-pretty-blue-box vintage Tiffany. And that, folks, is what I'll be bringing back when I return.

Truly, I hate leaving  a month or two, but I need it, folks. I just do. As you know, I recently recovered from the serious side effects of thyroid tumor, as well as a crippling lady's malaise known as ploycystic ovarian syndrome. Both come with depression and panic disorders, and I figured we'll all feel more peachy if I took some me time to work on healing.

Please don't think this means the end of snarky blog posts. Quite the contrary. Those are cathartic to me. And I'll keep my Facebook page updated, so you can see a) what I've been buying, b) what I think you should be buying, and c) a new fun series titled, "I bought it, but I just can't sell it; A look at my vintage home." (If you haven't yet, run on over to my PickPosh Facebook page and like it right away. You won't regret it. I'm equally charming there, as well.)

In the meantime, if there are any particular topics you'd like to address -- a series on how to make vintage suitcases look cool, an article on why Enid Collins purses are so popular and elusive, how to start estate-saling yourself, how to properly dress your dapper kitten, etc., PLEASE let me know. I want to please you!

That being said, I'm leaving you with this sappy advice poster. Normally, I'd do so with snark, but, for once, I'm serious. This touched me (but not in a bad uncle way), and I've found myself taking more and more of these tips and incorporating them into my life. Hopefully, by the time PickPosh is back (note: PickPosh is an entity separate from A Study of Stuff, which will continue uninterrupted), you'll see a refreshed, more hippie me. And while you're at it, see if you can get some of that joy for yourselves, too. All of y'all need a little more love. Peace out!



No comments:

Post a Comment