Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lazy Pants McGee

So, instead of working on my own blog, I've been perusing other people's online works. Why? Because my middle name is Lazy Pants McGee.

Or Fat Pants McGee.

Or Bitchy Pants McGee.

Really, it depends on the day.

ANYWAY... my point with all of this is that I've been feeling a little sluggish, so I haven't really put together a proper post. And I was all like, "Oh! No! The! Horror!" about it, until I realized that most bloggers are actually all hater tots about truly writing.



Instead, they're doing "round ups" of the funniest/best/whatever-ist things they've found online that week. Well, la-dee-frickin-da, other bloggers! If you can can cut corners, then dammit! I can, too!

So, here it is. My round up.


Cat People (And Democrats!!) Are Totes The Bomb - TIME : I effing love science. Why? Because it actually dedicates real and serious time to conducting surveys that result in such findings as cat people are more likely to be politically liberal than are dog owners, who trend toward conservative. I knew there was a reason I loved kitties! Go DNC!

 When You're Feeling Self-Doubt & Lack of Motivation - Zen Habits : This is a fantastic (and ironic, given the subject of my rant above) article about how to move past self-pity and get shit done instead.

Kick Ass Stuff - The Bloggess : Blogging icon and best-selling novelist Jenny Lawson is hilarious, and so is her Pinterest board. This link comes with a warning, though. Once you start scrolling, you will be ADDICTED! (Especially when you get to the one-eyed cat pirate. No, for real, it's glorious. Sad, but inspiring, and glorious, and funny.)

Go Naked, Eat Breakfast, And Other Productivity Tips From Famous Peeps - Mental Floss : This is a wonderful collection of tips for getting stuff done. No, seriously, these tips are kinda/sorta fabulous.

Hilarious Olympic Shit - Distracitfy : I don't know why, but this cracked me up disproportionately to how funny it actually is, so I'm sharing it, just in case you're in a giggle fest mood, too.

Realization: This round-up actually took more time than sitting down and writing a thoughtful post.







No comments:

Post a Comment