Sunday, December 15, 2013

Vintage Wedding In An Antique Shop?!? Yes, Please!!!

Since moving to Atlanta, I've only met a handful of people worthy of my adoration, and my hair stylist is one of them.

I knew I loved Anna the minute she replaced my natural ashy blonde hair with the raddest red-tinged chocolate color. But then she went ahead and revealed to me that she had her engagement pictures taken in my favorite (historical and sublimely beautiful) cemetery, and then I really, really knew that she was friend material.

Anyway... Anna and her fiance-turned-hubby, Stuart, got married last night, and their reception BLEW MY MIND.

Instead of sticking to a more traditional venue, the couple rented out the back room of the Atlanta antique store, Paris On Ponce. We walked and weaved our way through the shop, seeing oddities and quirky tschotckes, as we followed the trail lit by candles. Then, we saw THIS:


That definitely set the tone, alright. This was literally the artwork RIGHT NEXT to the entrance to the Le Maison Roug lounge in the back of the shop. (And yes, I know I just wrote The The Red Lounge Lounge.)

Other stunning visuals of the night included these:













But this wasn't the only gorgeous thing at the wedding. Obviously, Anna looked like a freaking retro GODDESS. Of course, I think that the necklace she's wearing is the best part, but I'm biased, as I found the necklace at an estate sale. Yet another example of how vintage accessories make for the best vintage wedding.



Needless to say, I wish I could go back 4-1/2 years and re-do my wedding. Okay, maybe not really. I had a lovely Midwestern wedding. But it wasn't THIS. This is an example of a wedding done not just right, but HELLA right!

No comments:

Post a Comment